Firefighters save dogs from blaze

5/21/2013

Tyson was given oxygen therapy with the Project Breathe™ mask.


Firefighters from the Indianapolis Fire Department saved two dogs from a house fire on Udell Street Tuesday afternoon.

Crews were called shortly after 5 p.m. when grease on the stove caught fire.

Carolyn Holmes told firefighters that her daughter, Tijuana Hayes, was preparing to cook some food when a phone call distracted her.

Both left the house, forgetting about the grease on the stove.

Firefighters were able to rescue two Shitzu's named Tyson and Prince from the home. Tyson was given oxygen therapy with the Project Breathe™ mask. Both dogs will be OK.

The family does not have insurance but will stay with relatives. Authorities say the house is a total loss.

Source: WISHTV.com

Get started today.

At Invisible Fence we’re passionate about protecting pets — so you can focus on fun! So, let’s talk. And we’ll find the gentle, effective, affordable solution that’s right for you and your pet. Guaranteed.

Find your solution
Let's talk.

1 (866) 804-1250